30 Apr 2012

Family film night


I watched a film this evening  comfortably sitting in the living room with my host family. It was “I bought a zoo”, starring Matt Daemon and Scarlett Johansson. I like Matt Daemon, he’s one of those actors that make me believe that the film where they play is going to be a good one. And I like Scarlett Johansson, I think she's a great actress, I like her not-very-common beauty and I like her in Woody Allen’s films.  But, I bought a zoo? Really? It didn’t sound as if it would be a wonder of the seventh art, but like a kid’s film. In my view, they don’t fit in this kind of movies, but… do I have something more interesting to do? So, let’s watch the film then!

And it was a film for kids indeed. It was a lovely story, full of smooth furred animals and charming people that lived happily ever after. After it finished, they asked me:
- “It was a good film, wasn’t it? Did you like it?”

- “Not bad” I answered; because, to be honest, it really bothers me when everything is perfect in a film, just like when everything goes wrong. Life is not like that! Life is difficult sometimes and that’s not bad, that makes the good moments better moments. I understand that it could be that beautiful and cute in films made for a child audience, but I was expecting it a bit more interesting just because of Matt Daemon and Scarlett Johansson.

And I was thinking about that when I suddenly saw on the screen of the TV that the movie was actually based on a true story. Well, life sometimes can be perfect after all. Do i have a problem if the film still annoys me even more?

No comments:

Post a Comment